Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chi-town

heading into chi-town.
i must admit, at least all that smog and polution creates
a beautiful sunset.....this sunset i might add, occurred at 4:30pm!
central time, you are ridiculous.

Sitting here in the most recent hotel....a Marriott in case you were wondering. Wasting some time, since my sleep schedule is all whacked out. I've been on the road a lot lately, which would account for my lack of blog appearances. Hopefully you all have been enjoying the photo post though...i know i have :) Above is the view from our hotel room. You can see the train, and the expressway. cool view huh.

more bars in more places?! haha
my best attempt at a chicago skyline pic at night, with the iphone.
Can you all believe i forgot to take my camera with me?!
and you thought it was surgically attached to my hands :)
Just because you make a toll stop seem like an attraction doesn't mean I'm ok with paying 3 freakin' dollars, just to drive on your silly elevated expressway! Mom there was a bridge on this road that you totally would have said...."i feel like i'm vertical!" lol
I can't resist those industrial pics....bridges, train yards..

On our drive here we saw a wind farm!
a W-I-N-D farm?! seriously.
this was really cool. i'd never seen one before.
I'm not sure if you all realize,
and i dont think you really appreciate it unless you see it in person,
but these things are HUGE!
ahhh the midwest...
two words that best describe it?
corn. flat.

So i just finished up my third board exam, the clinical skills exam. The exam I paid $1200 for. The exam I could only take in atlanta, chicago, philly, LA, or houston. The exam that was 7 hours, and 12 standardized patients long. The last national board exam i am required to pass this year in order to become an M(dot)D(dot). hehee. It feels rerrrreeerreallly good to have that one finished. talk about a load off your back. now i guess ill be back on the interview trail again in a week. I'm so over staying in hotels, and talking to people. I know right?! You never thought i'd be tired of TALKING!! Just tired of saying the same thing over and over, and of wearing a suit. Thank goodness i'm going into a field where i can where scrubs :)

Thought i'd share a little of my road trip with matthew to chicago, hotel, test, and back home....too bad we couldnt really enjoy the visit. Hey! we did watch a Bears game in our room, haha. da bears da bears da bears.
I must say it was lovely spending time with you hubby of mine :)

Heading back to the ville tomorrow.
My plans??? We are most definitely going to see NEW MOON tomorrow night!!!
I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!
*night*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I'm so glad that is over for you. Hope to see you soon.
Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails