Tuesday, January 13, 2009

mish mosh

Here's some info you haven't acquired from me
over the past few months, because i'm a slacker....
Gas has gone from $3.97 down to $1.76 here at our local speedway
**********
After hours and hours and day after day of studying for STEP1, I passed that dang test!
**********
We went to Florida with Matthew's family, it was lots of fun
**********
I started third year of med school in what I thought would be my worst rotation--ob/gyn--which has subsequently ended up being my top choice as of right now for my future career. wierd.
**********
I went to Madisonville, KY for my surgery rotation. I was terrified. I discovered that I ♥ surgery. Seriously.
**********
I took vacation and gave myself a pat on the back for Honoring in Surgery.
**********
Matthew and I went to Washington, DC with our wonderful friends Rob & Julia. We'd never been there. We did a ridiculous amount of walking. I hurt my foot--it got better. While in DC i rode the subway for the first time. I became slightly obsessed with subway pics, you'll see these in a few months, lol.
**********
I came home. Started my pediatrics rotation, eager, willing to learn all I could in my then first choice for my future career.
**********
I get up early for work to vote. My guy loses. I contemplate moving to Russia. Decide its too cold.
**********
Thanksgiving break, then back to the grind. A few hundred asthmatics, earaches, and healthy kids later, i was questioning what i was going to do with my life.
**********
I see two little kids for a "sick visit" they both have scabies and lice. They try to climb in my lap while i'm typing their information into a computer. I feel gross. I dislike their mother.
**********
My next patient is a dirty 3 year old, with a runny nose. He takes everything out of my coat pockets and the mom says nothing. I decide on this day I DO NOT want to do this for the rest of my life. Bye Bye pediatrics. Tear*
**********
I pass pediatrics and head home for Christmas break. I have a WONDERFUL time at home. We put up trees, we wrap presents, we eat til we want to bust.
**********
Matt gets a wii. Matt also gets Rock Band. We start to rock. We get addicted to Rock. Wii love to rock!
**********
Tara's birthday....she turns 20. Habachi grill, erin goes hungry. We head home to ring in the new year. We ring loudly. Dad shoots a sawed off shotgun. We=rednecks :)
**********
Erin didn't get drunk so next day.....feeling good. Matthew....Not so much. Tara....her either.
**********
Erin#2 wants to see a movie. She gives me a book to read. I'm officially addicted to TWILIGHT. I read all day. Tara gets mad. I go see a movie. I have to start book 2.
**********
Break comes to an end, I head home early to decompose and unpack. Tree comes down, decorations packed away, house looks bare, erin is sad.
**********
I start Internal Medicine. First rotation is Gastroenterology/Hepatology. I like the subject, the people are great. I hate the work. I don't know what I'm doing. The days drag on and on and on and on.....I'm not a fan. I'm ready for this 12 weeks to be OVER. Seriously.
**********
first weekend off, Erin works on wedding pictures. *you look suprised* Erin gets a lot accomplished, but still not finished. Matt and erin watch season four of lost and do nothing all weekend. Its a good feeling.
**********
Weeks starts with bad news. Otis King, my aunt leisa's step dad has passed away. Please pray for her and her family. Services are this wednesday.
**********
which brings us here in the present.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

best re-cap, ever. let me know when things slow down for you...we'll try to get together!
miss ya:)
-Jules

Ms.Pat said...

Erin glad you made such a great post. Love hearing from you Love mamaw

Anonymous said...

Erin,

So glad to see posts back on your blog. You did such a great job on the photos of Tara and Josh, and Ava.

Miss you.
Love, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails