Monday, December 31, 2007

Oh what a day!

Yesterday was great....almost. Kinda felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster all day.
First, I entered the hellacious world of merchandise return. I went back up to Kenwood mall to return a sweatshirt at JCrew. They didnt have the color I wanted, and then when I tried it on just to be safe, of course it wasnt meant for thick girls. Couldn't get the money back, and didnt have time to look for something else so now I have a gift card. Oh! And the pants I was going to return to BR had an ink tag still on them so of course they set off every store alarm as I came in and when I left. Finally, I get to Banana. Found a sweater, and a headband on sale to use my gift card from a Christmas gift. Mom and Tara call while I'm in the dressing room so I have to hurry. Naturally, there was only two people working. So I waited in line (the only person in line mind you) for a little bit, only to find out I can only return the pants and have the money put on my gift card. Gift card #2. Now I run to meet tara in MAC. Call and have her ask them to go ahead and get my face makeup. Get there....the man with lots of makeup on ask me what I need, then proceeds to try to sell me mascara and what not. Leave there and run to Victoria Secret. Which I am now boycotting. Fat people need underwear too!!! Gosh. Finally leave there, back to MAC, to give Tara my credit card just incase she needs it for the return to apple. Mom has already headed there so I run to apple drop of the credit card, and almost sprint to Pottery Barn bc I'm now dangerously close to peeing my pants........on the road to W. Benson St. to shop for my sister in law Erin's wedding dress.

Now the upswing. It was so great to watch Erin try on all the dresses and have a good experience picking out The One. We had fun, and what happened in the dressing room should probably stay there so we'll just leave those details out! I'm glad she enjoyed the day and I know the dress is going to look incredible on her. It's very classy and very original. We ate lunch at Maggiano's, it was delicious. After that we headed to David's Bridal in florence. We looked at dresses for the little girls and found Samantha's dress (which I love). A very productive day. I was impressed.

Down again....I head to Cheddar's for Tara's b-day dinner, already feeling like a stuffed pig, wait by myself at a table for 6 for about 15 min. The kid behind me is Screaming, and just as I'm thinking to myself that my back is hurting again and I need some Ibuprophen he proceeds to KICK the back of my seat. :( And I have to pee again.

Up again.... everyone arrives, and my almost 19 year old sister places a furry princess crown on her head. Which she proceeds to tell me she already had from last year. She opens her "suprise" gift.....a dvd of High School Musical 2. I love that my family acts like a bunch of little kids. Dad stares down the kid kicking my seat still. I watch one of the twins behind mom pick up his carrots lick them and put them back on the plate, while the other twin plays with mom's hair. We leave to go to the movies.

And it gets worse again......
Last night we saw THE WORST movie I have seen in a long time. Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story. This movie was supposed to be typical laugh out loud will ferrell type comedy. It was not. After the first five minutes I was hoping that this parody of Walk the Line, wasn't going to follow the exact same plot line. It did. It wasn't even funny. And as we were twenty minutes in I kept hoping it would get better. The six of us sat there (mom, dad, tara, josh, matt, and myself) and soon saw lots of boobs on the screen. Ok, boobs not necessary but I can handle it. Didn't add to wedding crashers, didn't add here. Then, multiple full frontal penis. Yup. All over the place. Not needed. Thought that was it, but nope they show it again in about 10 minutes. Followed by a scene where the main character Dewey has a naked woman on top of him doin her thing. After 45 min it felt like torture. I asked matthew how much longer we had. The ending wasn't even good. There was maybe, at most, 5 funny lines.

The credits rolled......
Erin: Thank God that's over, about time.
Tara: I can't ever get that back.
Josh: I need to go watch High School Musical 2
Matt: I can't believe that. It was supposed to be good. I didnt even get to laugh hard.
Dad: That was F*&%ing Stupid.
Mom: I can't believe my 19 year old daughter just saw all those penises. What was this rated?...when I was 19 if there was....I just can't believe....she's never seen that....
All in all if I had to rate this movie I'd say:
GIVE ME MY $8.50 BACK!!

The night ends with family playing wii for a couple of hours. I'm worn out. I almost made it to January without a cold. I stayed up all last night blowing my nose and tosing and turning because I couldn't breathe.
I hope tonight is better. Food, drinks, and fun times with friends.
I can't wait. I need this.

See you next year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails