Saturday, May 31, 2008

Quick News Update!

!!CoNgRatULaTioNs!!
Yea! Matthew not only passed the test he had to take for a supervisor position at UPS but he officially got the job yesterday! Whoo hooo movin' on up.... he starts as a Supervisor on tuesday. I don't know a whole lot about what that entails so you'll have to call and ask him :)



Prayer Request....
*****************************************
My mom's cousin (I consider her my cousin too but technically I guess she's like my 1st cousin once removed right mom?)...anyway...she was diagnosed the past week with Ovarian cancer. She just turned 21 and has an identical twin sister. They went in and removed both her ovaries, which I'm told one was cystic like and was half the size of a watermelon, and the other looked like chewed up hamburger meat. They found that the tumors had spread to her perineum, and a few other places. They inspected and left her uterus. She is currently recovering from her surgery and was just able to leave the house on friday. She starts chemotherapy rounds in 3 weeks. If everyone could pleeeeeeaasse just say a quick prayer for her that would be MUCH appreciated.
*****************************************************
One of my very best friends down here at school, Marissa, takes her board exam on Monday around 9ish so keep her in your prayers. She's worked really hard studying, and I know she'll do great but like everyone else about to take this STUPID exam, she's a little freaked out. ---you would be too if an exam you take after 2 years of medical school was going to determine where you'll do a residency three years from now!!
**********************************************
and if you have time....please pray for my sanity :) and maybe for the ability to stay awake....i swear board study has given me narcolepsy--i fall asleep during practice quizzes on the computer! geeeezz.
speakin of......practice test here i come.....
Oooh! My grandma evelyn, mom, and tara, are coming down for dinner tomorrow, should be a great little break for me! :)

1 comment:

Stace said...

tell matt i said congrats!!! and I'll be praying for your cousin and your sanity!! good luck on the test! love ya!!

Stace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails