Thursday, April 1, 2010

bin #8 oh dear the randomness

This bin seemed to be a collaboration of things that I felt were at some time very valuable. ha. who am i kidding, isn't every bin that?? lol. Some of the things there's no bones about it, i'll never get rid of them. Surprisingly though i was able to toss some things from this bin, but i'm not going to mention them. Mainly because i've let them go and i dont want to bring up scary feelings :) 
I found a lot of things that I had kept from my old toy box, and some things from when my Great grandma and grandpa McKinley passed away. I think matthew worried this would be a bad bin for me. I kept getting things out going...NO WAY! I've been looking for this!...sure. annnyyywayyy....here's what i found.

a magic 8 ball....actually, i found 3 of these. am i indecisive?

metal hotwheels trucks

a pocket watch
 a post card from israel, one from egypt

one of my first jewelry boxes from my aunt denise

a 58 caliber bullet from "the skimish of snow's pond" circa 1862... 
how many of you have a bullet from the civil war? thats right. 
wait. after throwing out my US history notes i've currently forgotten when the civil war occurred. I know thats awful. im not smarter than a fifth grader.

my dads college id, voter registration card, and fraternity card... 
who knows why i have these.

half of a BFF necklace...
 not sure who has the other half. 
man those were the days weren't they? when you truly thought your "bff" was cooler than sliced bread and you guys would NEVER be apart, pinky swear.
 a watch face, a marine pin, and a ring...
if you haven't noticed, i store all my valuables in Dutch Masters cigar boxes, haha. 
It's a granny gomez thing :) i guess it was probably a tony thing actually. 
i miss them both.
 a picture of my mom from junior high....
ok does this look like me or my sister? 
because i seriously can't go a whole week without some one saying, "oh my gosh you look so much like your mom" or "so this is your sister?" {pointing at my mom} or some other stupid comment. 
Lets take a vote....tara? or erin? look alike???
 *dear mom, i like your jumper. lol.
ETA: I found this as proof... 
 
glow worms....
i can't even tell you how flippin' excited i was to find these suckers. 
i mean, i totally knew where they were but i just never get them out to play. 
I dont know where they came from but my dear friends 
these bad boys will NEVER be purged. end of story. 
they are beyond awesome. 
'turn off the lights....and they glow' AND they are finger puppets?! 
does it get any better? 
I'd also like to point out their cute little ears 
which i chewed on as a child...see the missing chunks? haha.
 an autographed Reds baseball... 
autographed by no one famous. 
i remember my dad yelled at me for ruining the ball by having someone 
'not as famous' sign it. dang, there go my millions.

a fisher price doctors kit... 
hmmm maybe some one had a feeling? 
only when i was little and played with it i was "nurse erin" 
hey i know one cool little 3 year old that has her own doctors kit like this! 
Maybe uncle Matt will let her give him a shot cause i was not allowed.
 a large bolt, from Cleveland, Oh.... 
taken off the street during my Senior Trip...thats right, to cleveland.

2 spring break cups

a dashboard hula girl from hawaii, and a lei

sand from florida, hawaii, plymouth rock, the old north bridge, walden pond, and cape cod... 
i'm an avid sand collector, do you have sand from walden pond? 
yea i didnt think so.

a cup from Fenway... 
come on the green monster? 
AND i got to put Mrs Reeves' long long long hair into braided dreads? 
ahhh memories.
 *note: very valuable plastic pink heart jewelry box from previously noted aunt denise :) located to the left in this picture.

3 more golf balls

a toy nail salon...
after MUCH debate, and one simple text to my sister to prove my very valuable point
---the nail salon STAYS. 
there will be no further discussion. don't even try. 
Matthew says its disgusting and stupid. I told T that matthew wanted to throw it away and she said "WHAT?! NO WAY! IT STAYS!! IT'S AWESOME!!" must be a girl thing. 
It has an automatic nail drying fan built into it. come on.

my scarlet letter "A" project for honors english...
i think my A was "Ambition"?? i dont know, it got tossed.

a sweat towel from the nappy roots concert at EKU.... 
the lead singer had it around his neck during the concert how could i not keep it? 
and it had a dollar stapled to it, i pocketed that.

what toys have you kept? or wish you would have kept?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails