Thursday, June 26, 2008

she's baaaccck

Vacation is drawing to a close.

It was a much needed break and I'm a little disappointed (well, a lot actually) to see it go.

I had big goals for these 2 1/2 weeks, of which only a few were accomplished. For enstance, remember that whole "my first priority is my wedding pictures. they have to be finished!"??? Well so much for that. We called the photographer at the beginning of vacation and as of yesterday they still haven't put our album back up. I did work on our remaining 4x6 prints. Hmmm...so I picked out the ones that I like and now i just have to narrow them down from 202 to 85!!! That shouldn't be hard. (right.)

ahhh horrible pic of me but....look what i taught my lovely neice!



On a little lighter note, Sanibel was AMAZING! We had a great time. Sun, relaxing, drinks, shopping, visiting with family, and eating lots, and I do mean LOTS of yummy food. (clearly evident to me after stepping on the scale yesterday. boo.) Vacation is always great but then you gotta rough through all that laundry when you get home. I think we probably did around 12-14 loads. Over that. And i managed to organize my closet-shoes, bags, accessories, and all. I came to the conclusion that a great walk in closet in our next house will be of the utmost importance. Right up there with electricity and a roof :)


Had a great visit with aunt denise & gang! I almost forgot....this would be the night i'd ever experienced running over an Armadillo...thats right. In the ghettooo van :)

Tuesday I finally finished reading Jodi Picoults "19 Minutes" it was a good read. Slow start but it really opens your eyes to a very real problem. I think as we get older we forget how hard high school was. I feel like its not getting any easier either, if anything i'd say its much worse now. You couldn't pay me to go back. Maybe its because i feel closer to that "i feel like i just graduated" than i do to "i dont know what i'm gonna do when our kids get to high school" but, i remember the stupid thoughts that went through my head as a teenager, i remember how awful i was to other people and to my parents. Everyone goes through that rough stage in HS but nowadays its not just those stereotypical "loaners" that you have to worry about it's everyone really. Most importantly those that are right under your nose, no matter how much "privacy" they want, or how "fine" they are, i think the more face time the better. I wont go too in depth with this, but if you do have some free time i suggest reading it. It'll make you think that's for sure.



My official first week of ob/gyn starts next week and i'm not sure how i feel about it yet. I'm nervous of course but I guess i'm just not sure what to expect, and really another week or two of vacation wouldn't have hurt.

LK's photoshoot on the beach. Oh what a crazy 30 minutes that was :) think i got some really cute pictures though and they're on snapfish already.



I'm trying really hard to work on my pictures but there are a lot of them so it may take awhile. I did get erin and joe's rehearsal dinner pics posted to a group room on snapfish and pics of LK on the beach so if you want to see those shoot me an email and i can send you an invite to join the group room and you can view pics posted in there from now on. Coming soon: Erin&Joe's wedding & Miranda&Doug's wedding


♥ e






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,
Lucy's pictures were great. Thanks for putting these on Snapfish.
Hope all goes well at school.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Hey I read 19 min and you're right, it made me think a lot but I liked it. although I was pissed at the end haha

Stace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails