Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh No She Didn't!

Oh but she totally just did! Did what????
I JUST DELIVERED A BABY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!
no, seriously. I did!
Whoooo hoooo! :D A-MA-ZING!!!!
That's all i can say :)
I mean, i really didnt have to do a whole lot,
the mamma did all the work.
But, I really did just deliver a baby about an hour ago
with help from the Doc that i've been working with over the past week and a half. (oops, i forgot to tell yall i moved on to private practice last week after two weeks with my awesome gyn/onc team)
Not only was this my very 1st delivery but it was also the first vaginal birth i've EVER watched in real life. AAAAAhahahahaaaa!!!!!!! Seriously. I'm so freakin excited right now. And now i'm supposed to try and sleep for a few hours before our next one is ready to go sometime around 1-2 am??? Yeah right.
(lol, hey mom----I'mmmm toooo exxxxcciiiitteeed to sleeeeeepp!!!)
Awww. Sweet little guy, "prince brayden" that's what i'll call him :) 7lbs 15oz!! Go mamma!
Did yall know when a baby's head comes out, if its in a certain position, the baby will do a complete 180 degree turn all on its own??? Whoa. Wasnt ready for that! Don't worry its supposed to do that. His head came out, then a little arm poked out like he was reaching for someone to help him out.....we gotcha little buddy!
Then one shoulder, and the other, and bam....slide right out onto my arm with me holding on tight!!!
Dr. G said to me...."You got him? Hang on tight, that's the most precious thing you've held all day!" ....so unbelievably true.
After we delivered our new friend I was talking to "momma" and asked if i could get a pic with her and the little guy and she said of course. The nurse in the room said "OH you have to get a picture its your very first one!" I thought momma was going to be freaked out a little by that but she looked at me and said...."oh its your first one? then you're excited too!!" Too sweet.
I hope they all feel like that.

4 comments:

Ms.Pat said...

Erin it really sounds exciting. Finally you get to do something.That really is a miracle to watch. Did you ever hear from your boards?

Anonymous said...

Erin, How exciting!!! I had tears in my eyes while I was reading it. Of course I had Lucy Kate today and I can't believe how much she's grown up.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Erin,
Don't lose your enthusiasm! Isn't it incredible that God is in ALL the details. He even programmed us to turn our little heads in the right direction as we are born. If only we could keep our heads in the right direction the rest of our life.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Erin! that is truly phenomenal!! I love it!! What a blessing!! I'm so jealous of this experience you've had!! So amazing!!! I'm proud of you!!

Stace

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails