Thursday, July 1, 2010

day one


Because i dont have time to call all of you and tell you how my first day of a real doctor went i'll just put it all here. I was actually able to sleep last night which was awesome because not all my fellow interns did. I don't know why but i wasnt really nervous. I think im kinda over that whole "nervous because you're afraid to fail" thing.....because honestly, it's inevitable. I can't know everything. I'm not google. [man wouldnt that be awesome if you were google? imagine all the knowledge you'd hold] but, man i've got a ton of reading to do.

So day 1 started at 3:30am....then 3:40...and finally up outta bed at 4:00am :) Its really not all that bad. I mean it does suck to be up that early but it wasnt awful, especially since i went to bed at 9pm...while my neighbors were mowing their lawn. Ps...if you text me after nine I'm not gonna answer. It's not that I dont like you....i just NEED sleep.

The day was split up nicely today with rounding/lectures/a surgery and finally check out. And...suprisingly the worst part of my day?? sitting in the traffic on 75 south as I was heading home. I think that's saying a lot. I was really really really worried when i interviewed here because i didnt think i'd "mesh well" [thank you for all those that appreciate the clueless reference] but I think the residents are all awesome and i heart all my chiefs they're great so far. Even though I felt COMPLETELY stupid at multiple points throughout the day, at least people really treat you like a doctor, like you matter. That could be a bad thing in a few weeks days when I'm ready to toss my pager(s) and phone in the trash! Bonus points for the fact that I got to eat breakfast and lunch and didnt feel like my bladder was gonna burst even once.

I'd love to stay and chat but I got a yummy dinner of grilled cheese and tater tots waiting for me and an amazing hubby that deserves a little attention :)

 until next time, here's hoping i'm surviving.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails