Tuesday, July 6, 2010

happy to report

 i think i need a utility belt, or maybe a fanny pack?

After a mighty long weekend of being on call and being completely exhausted...and nearly defeated...nearly :) I've had a great day today. Not sure why I feel that way because nothing in particular happened to make it that way. I did deliver 4 babies today, all of which were cutie pies. I also circumcised two little wee wees hahaha. I learned a lot today too, surgically speaking. I just felt a little more confident today i guess, which was definitely NOT the case over the weekend. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that, today was good. And I'll take good. I even got a compliment from an attending on my suturing skills which caught me off guard. Maybe he felt sorry for me because I'm the intern, but that's ok....I take that too :) I've heard the service i'm on right now is the most exhausting so the fact that i am surviving and not in tears [yet] is promising. On that note...I've had multiple nurses tell me they can make my four years an awesome experience or absolutely awful. What is that? What am I supposed to do with that information? Today i even asked the one that mentioned it if I was making a bad impression because I've heard it so much already....she said NO NO absolutely not. Just warning ya. Still...a little disturbing. Oh well...at least the nurses in triage felt comfortable enough with me to give me a "warning" to pass on to my fellow interns. Here's hoping that I don't get on any of their bad sides :)

Still waiting to see Eclipse....I know a certain hubby who is also waiting with bated breath to see it too! Must find time to go to the movies asap. Someone please tell me i'm not just building it up in head for a let down.

4 comments:

Ms.Pat said...

i've been thinking about you so just keep smiling. I know it's gonna be rough and they probably want to see how much you can take. Well they better be nice or mmamaw will beat the little you know whats

Ms.Pat said...

got a little excited on my typing there

Sarah said...

I'm gonna go with the fanny pack. Much more fun than a utility belt! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I have one you can use. Its blue/black and white polka dot! I'll save it for ya.

All kidding aside, I am glad you are doing ok. We miss seeing you around. we all got use to it.
Erin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails