Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bins 5 & 6...the keeper of momentos returns

this morning had been less than productive. im currently surrounded by more stuff. this bin, not an easy one AT ALL! Why? because its full of scrapbook stuff and lots and lots of pictures, and writing from high school and undergrad. blech. im trying to purge and i thought today was going to be a really good day for me....i was in a "toss it" mood. But, now that im in the thick of it. ugh. so frustrated.

i've had to get rid of some stuff like this....
biochem notes? really erin? biochem notes. when the hell are you gonna look at those again? the kreb cycle? amino acids? if you need that as a reference what are you gonna do? thats right....your lazy bum is gonna GOOGLE it!! So just do it, throw it away. Done.

a print out of your sign? your an Aquarius....suprise! does that change how your day goes...ever?? no. toss it...ok but first i wanted to share this.... :)

my star's LIKES:  fighting for causes (how convenient), Dreaming and Planning for the Future, Thinking of the Past (you're kidding), Good Companions, Having Fun. my DISLIKES: full of air promises, excessive loneliness, the ordinary, imitations, idealistic.....wow. spot on eh? now its in print....and i can toss it! 

Have you ever read the Great Gatsby? I read it a long time ago, and i remember it being really hard for me to read. I had to find symbols from the book and make display cards for my honors english class. I choose apparently "The Green Light" in the book. I used to be a really good writer. (man my skills have waned). Here's what i wrote...
 "...a representation of Gatsby's dream.....winning daisy's love was Gatsby's american dream. Gatsby is presented as an ordinary person determined to reap great rewards from all that he has done...just as daisy had done, the voluptuous light eludes Gatsby's grasp of sole possession...There are some things that we can not let go of, no matter how far off course they throw us. Dreams or ideas that we cling to...but if we believe wholeheartedly in what we desire, we will also eventually be rewarded for what we have worked so hard for."   

Man. If i had a therapist they'd sure have a lot to work with.

Among other things i found....my first diary...a binder that i decorated (see above)...two tea light candles that i probably took from someone's wedding...a copy of little women...a precious moments nick nack that says "a friend is a very special blessing"....the program from a friends wedding...a collage about ME made by friends...a copy of People: 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons...newspapers from the flood of 97....
  a newspaper from when lennon was shot...all of my souvenirs from a trip to Boston in the 11th grade.....souvenirs from our family vacation to florida, with a trip to the Kennedy space center...

 an entire summer of governors scholar crammed into a plastic bag...

I found my gsp journal and one of the entries was "my 15 year gsp reunion" and oh geez....here's what i wrote....
"over the past 15years i have married my true love matthew after graduating from eku with a communications degree. i now have 2 kids, a 6 year old Brooklyn and a 4 year old boy Cole. My husband and i live in NKY still, and i work for the kentucky post as a journalist and my husband is a pilot for Delta. Before we had kids we took an amazing trip to europe and ireland-which was my favorite. One exciting thing ive done since '01 was to travel all over south america as a translator for tourist. i lived in los angelos just for fun for grad school at UCLA."

wow. total nerd. and totally different. i guess i never expected where i am now?!
crazy......i got one thing right ;)

1 comment:

Ms.Pat said...

Erin don't throw that stuff away. I still have ninth grade health notes etc.. You can show these to my great grandchildren. You'll be sorry

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails