Tuesday, March 16, 2010

happy 21st...baby sister!

Sooooo I'm a little, a smidge, a tiny bit, behind. But, it's ok. Better late than never?  Let's hope she feels the same way :) Back to the important stuff. My baby sister little well, my sister turned 21!! Can you believe that? So weird for me. She's 21 which officially makes me.....OLD! Over the past few years though it seems almost like we are getting closer in age. Maybe it's my immaturity? 
I had a good friend tell me that once you start to get married, have kids, its like you and your sister are the same age regardless of how many years there are between you. I think we're headed there. Right now there's mostly just driving distance between me and my sis. Which, it could be worse. It's only an hour, but you'd think its a lot farther. So here's my plug. For all you peeps with sisters....be it one, or two, or however many.... put in the effort.  Send a card, a text, call her, plan a trip, make some time.  
I love spending time together, it's so few and far between but we usually have wayyy too much fun. Giggling like 7 year olds until our stomachs hurt. Until our teeth jut out of our mouths like our mom's when she laughs. Until our eyes are squinty and watery. Bahahahaa. 
We. have. fun. 
I can't believe we wasted all those years throwing things at each other, and pulling each others hair, pinching, slapping, argueing, ok ok....we still do some of that it's just a lot less often! 
But... I {heart} her :)
 
Happy 21st Birthday Seester!!
....i'm only a few months late with this post but would it be me if it was on time?

We spent Tarduh's 21st in the burg...Gatlinburg that is. Downtown. That's right wild and crazy kids!

T's cake, my mom took every precaution to keep this on ice so it could make the long drive. Family motto: everyone deserves a cake on their birthday.

 blow out 'cha candles baby, let's get this party started!
look at all that smoke...
Dinner and drinks at TGIFridays. My cotton candy martini (on the right) was sooo tasty. yum. I think the bahama mama was the only drink T had.

pretending she's had too much...

paparazzi! every time i tried to take a picture, mom beat me to it.

So this is what i get. Which really, we liked this picture even with the wonky light.

We rode a scary scary tram up to Ober Gatlinburg and walked around for awhile. Watched some skiers, and all these people ice skating. I didn't get a picture of her but there was one little girl there who was really good. She kept zooming around everyone and then would stop on the side to say hi to her mom and dad. Too cute. We had fun watching all these people bite it here and there :)

We were told there was this HUGE ball drop, and fireworks at midnight.... followed by a 2-3 hour ride in the car as you creep back to the condo?! No thanks! We headed back to our condo to watch the festivities on tv. Huge ball drop huh? Can you guys see that tiny thing that looks like a ball of tangled up lights that someone found in their garage? haha!

  The birthday girl made it....home. Ha! Everyone fell asleep, all tuckered out from our drives and busy day. this was taken at 11:08. I have pics of everyone asleep but figured i'd only torture the b-day girl. Me and J-money were the only ones that made it to midnight. No worries, we woke everyone up! :)

T-hope you had a great birthday! Love you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha these pictures are funny!
Thanks for the blog about ME!
LOVE YOU

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails