Tuesday, February 19, 2008

busy bee & good news

Hello there! So i'm officially older now....big 2-4...can you believe it? Yea. I dont really either. I used to think people who were 24 were sooooooooo old. Funny how that changes. But i still dont feel like a "grown up". Once again, we had a busy weekend along with celebrating my birthday on sunday. I had the micro/immunology shelf exam on saturday then when matthew got off work we headed home. Dinner with Erin, Joe, LucyKate, Samantha, Joey, and Reagan was wonderful. We hardly ever get to see them. Reagan is getting too big, and she cracks me up! She's such a pistol. Lucy and Reagan tried their little flower girl dresses on for us, and of course they looked oh so pretty. And both of them enjoyed running around half naked once the dresses came off. Sunday February 17th, 2008.....HappY biRtHdaY to MEEEEeeeEEe!!! I had a fantabulous birthday, busy but fun. Mom made us breakfast, no real breakfast on sunday morning. With pancakes (sugar free syrup of course!), scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, yum yum! I went shopping with Erin, Beth, LK, and Stacey and looked for dresses for the wedding. I found an outfit for the rehearsal dinner, and a dress for the wedding "just in case". It's really pretty but I'm gonna keep looking. I hate trying on clothes, boo on dresses that won't zip and horrible dressing room mirrors.

We went out to TGIFriday's for my birthday dinner. I love going to the friday's in crestview because our friday's in louisville doesnt have loaded potato soup and i miss it. We topped the night off with delish birthday cake complete with whippy icing from kroger. I of course took this opportunity to get my pics of the day. We attempted to get a group picture....leave it up to dad and matt to mess it up. Goobers!!

Attempt number two....much better. Ha! Dad's doing the Brooke pose which i find HiLaRious!
I almost forgot, tara is making beach towels for a spring break trip to Panama with her girlfriends. (for those of you who have recently graduated...meaning in past 15 years...haha...you can imagine why i cringe about the thought of my little baby sister in Panama &%itty for spring break!!) I told mom last time we walked, that I remembered when we went to Destin my sophomore year of college, and drove to Panama one night. I heard a GREAT pic up line from some drunkin' kid leaning out of a van...."Hey! What's your screen name?" oh yea, he was a winner. As you can see Tara was only slightly terrified trying to work my sewing machine. I had to work the pedal while she tried to guide the fabric. I think I ended up sewing the majority of the ribbon onto the towel.
I thought this picture was funny...check out the power struggle!!
For anyone that was wondering/worried....I finally got my score from the Pathology Shelf Exam and I passed, not only the test but also the Class! Whoo hoo! *exhale* And according to Erin (the other one, not my alter ego) that gives me a good reason to celebrate this weekend at the wedding/baby shower with the girls this weekend in cumberland. I agree. This weekend should be fun.

Talk about fun. Last night we went out to Ernesto's, a local mexican restaurant to celebrate my birthday and Jenna's. We had about 13 people, it was a good time. How much better could your birthday get if it involves a present with candy and purple, furry handcuffs? Yea. I really got that. I can't tell you how much i appreciate a friend with a healthy sense of humor :)

We've taken this whole "we need to get out more" attitude to a whole new level. Today after class our group of friends who are perfectly normal, inteligent, grown women age 23-28 i think, have made plans to have a "game day". (by the way...i just had a discussion with someone on how to spell inteligent and I'm still not sure if it's spelled right. makes me feel not so smart eh?!) Now, game day huh...could be fun. Three o'clock in the afternoon, we're gonna act like a bunch of fifteen year old boys playing rockband, american idol, and guitar hero. My guess is there will be alcohol involved. Let's hope :)

I forgot to tell everyone about my track selection for third year. We picked our tracks last friday and I ended up with my first choice, which I was super pumped about. So I will officially be doing my rotations in the follow order when I'm in the hospital this summer: Ob/gyn (to get it over with), then Surgery, and ending the fall with Pediatrics (towards the winter so I can experience a large patient volume and see a lot!) Then after christmas I will start Internal Medicine for 12 weeks, followed by family medicine, and psychiatrics. Not only am I excited about my track, but I have a lot of good friends who are in the same one with me. Which was almost as important as the order of rotations for me.

One last thing I promise.....I'm ordering my camera either tonight or tomorrow and I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! On top of that my present from Matthew for my birthday was the newest version of photoshop so as soon as I make room on my computer for it I can start playing around with my pictures :D That's all today, hope everyone is doing great and Thank you to everyone who wished me a HaPpY BiRthDaY!

Happy Hump Day!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHMYGAWD!!! Why didn't you call to tell me you passed path! I have been so worried for you....JK...I knew you passed all along. I have faith in you.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Great breakfast...but no gravy!
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

check the sewing pic...it looks like flower is sitting on tara's head. get out the photoshop.

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I am so happy you passed your test. I hope you don't think I don't care, but I hate to keep asking. I am so proud of you. Sounds like your happy about your classes next year. I can't wait to hear the stories.
Beth

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy don't worry. She still hasn't told me she passed the class. I get to find out on here too.

Matt

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails