Friday, February 15, 2008

happy ♥ heart

Status post V-Day?! How was yours? I hope everyone celebrated either with the ones you love, or if not, atleast with your girlfriends. Hey those are some of my best Valentine's days yet! (sorry babe, no offense.) Last year i went out to eat at smoky bones with the med school buddies, to celebrate the most romantic day of the year/my birthday with loads of people in town for the farm machinery show and a waitress saying..."sorry birthday girl, we're outta potato skins." What a great night that was huh?

Yesterday was actually the first time in about 7 years that matthew and i were together on Valentine's Day. Hard to believe i know. But, every year we've both been at school or work. I usually get flowers, but this year i got a hubby...whoo hoo! I think we had a really good time, atleast I did :) Nothing too fancy but typical erin&matt. We planned on leaving the house last night around 5:30. Who wants to take bets on whether or not that actually happened?! haha! So 6:15 ish we head out into the shelbyville road traffic mess on our way to dinner. Where? I didn't know. We ended up at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Yum-Yum. We really didn't even have to wait that long. I didnt know what to order but lucky for me there was an item on the menu that said "perfect for cheese lovers"....I'll take that please! After we absolutely stuffed ourselves we left for our next secret destination, with a pit stop for umm...cold stone icecream. Don't worry, I made room for mint ice cream with chocolate & caramel Gheradelli squares mixed in. Even with his Chocolate devotion matthew looked thrilled to be spending the evening with me....ha!

Next stop...the movies of course! We had about 45 minutes to waste before the movie started so we sat in the car for a little bit before fighting through the sea of tweens at the theatre. I remembered that i still needed a picture of the day so we tried to take a few. We're so retarded, this is what we came up with while trying to comemorate our special Valentine's day. I swear we didnt plan this. How romantic...

We saw the dance movie StepUp2. It was pretty good, bad acting as always but the dancing was incredible. I would have enjoyed it more if the jackbutt next to me wouldnt have been talking the ENTIRE time. The theatre was super crowded so there wasnt a "buffer" seat available. Literally, this kid was talking on his phone, not like "oops left my phone on" whispering "i'm in a movie i'll call you back". Think more along the lines of ghetto "hell-o? hell-o? yea. i'm in a movie. hell-o, hell-O? I caint hear you." meanwhile, his lady friend gets mad when he wont stop texting and tries to grab his phone out of his hand. Her words, "tell that B&%$* she can wait we at the movies". Nice.

Actually, the kid was leaning so far over towards me I felt like we should have been sharing my seat. I tried to lean towards matthew but i couldnt escape my new friend's puffy coat, and him playing with his braids and all the beads making noise. He did apologize once for accidentily kicking me. The last ten minutes of the movie as he's talking i hear...."god i hate valentine's day this is so stupid. what the H*#$ is this? a dance off? F*&#in' get over it!"....really? its a dance movie, not sure but i'm guessing he didnt see StepUp1. I was soooo tempted to suggest he go ahead and leave but i restrained myself :) The lady sitting in front of me gave him the "STOP TALKING YOU IDIOT" Glare multiple times, but he wasnt getting the message. Oh well, the dancing was awesome and despite the idiot i did enjoy the movie.


*Sigh* Successful Valentine's Day?....i think so. Love you Matthew!

Tonight was enjoyable, i didnt study anything. In fact, i've been watching Grease2 it makes me laugh. How cheesy! After my test tomorrow morning, yes on a saturday, we're heading home to celebrate my birthday. Which reminds me......THANK YOU....to everyone who sent me cards I absolutely love checking the mail each day for fun stuff instead of bills. I had to put matthew on mail restriction so i could check the mailbox this week. You can always depend on grandmas :D for some snail mail and even internet cards. i love it! ♥









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you all tonight. Happy early Birthday! Erin and Lucy Kate
ps... it is 6:11am and we have already been up for 30 min. Don't you wish you were me?!

sara said...

I have always wondered how to spell cain't. I'm cracking up! Sounds like you all had fun. There are several movies I want to see but am too cheap to pony up the funds for a ticket/popcorn/candy/coke/babysitter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails