Monday, April 7, 2008

can i get a DH?

So here's how it's been since last wednesday.....

excruciating back pain. imagine not being able to sleep in any position, to the point of bringing on tears. No comfortable position to sit /or study. Warm shower no help. Lots of Motrin, no help.
....and still I'm typing this with an arched back posture, think sitting on the couch with a basketball shoved in your back. [more on this later]

I sucked it up and finally found a doctor here in louisville and went to an appointment on thursday morning. (after making a appointment and then realizing it was for the 16th and deciding by that time i'd be in the fetal position quivering, and calling back to reschedule) My new doctor is very nice and easy to understand which is always helpful. Thanks to cory for the recommendation. She did lots of exams, asked me lots of questions, all of which I already knew that the answers to, would not be helpful to her (otherwise i might have some idea of what's goin on...) She said I wasn't telling her anything that worried her, and I didnt have any numbness or loss of feeling so no spinal cord involvement or anything of that sort. Deduced that I'm having "muscle spasms." I was put on an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer. They tested me again to see if I had blood in my urine, ok there. Then, I had to go to Norton to get about 8 x-rays taken of my upper and lower spine. Uncomfortable positions, held for an extended time, on a hard table. fun. Only thing they said was that I have some scoliosis in my lower back (think sway back).

Filled my prescriptions, hoping for a little relief. Outcome so far?? I've spent the whole weekend throwing up from the muscle relaxer, which I've also determined...Is NOT relaxing any muscles in my back. In fact i've felt as if my back was going to explode all weekend. Saturday night was horrible. I didnt sleep much at all, more throwing up, and pain that was MUCH worse than when I had taken nothing at all. Hmmm. Good plan. So I still have no idea what's going on. I'm going to keep taking the anti-inflammatory but I have a strong feeling that muscle relaxer may not get a fourth chance... maybe if it gets real bad. (good idea erin). Still getting some shooting pains up into the middle of my back, and occasional sharp pains and pulling/tight sensations in my left side and stomach. That sucks, to say the least. Heating pad is helping a little, but nothing to write home about unfortunately. I'm currently accepting suggested diagnoses.

Speakin' of pain in the a&$, my back just told me its time to stand up for awhile. Maybe i'll bend over like the hunch back of notre dame and answer emails.
Argh. I'm over it :(

3 comments:

sara said...

YUCK! Sorry to hear this. You need to get well by Saturday so you can cut a rug at the weddin'.

popi said...

just one thing------ vi------co---din es 7.5 750 as needed

Ms.Pat said...

Hope you feel better. Did they check your gall bladder

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails