Monday, April 14, 2008

new song

I was randomly watching the finale of Celebrity Apprentice a few weeks ago, and heard Trace Adkins sing his newest single. Now, I'm not a big country fan but I really enjoyed this song....You're Gonna Miss This.

**********
She was staring out the window of that SUV Complaning, saying "I can't wait to turn 18" She said "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules" Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school Then she kissed her head and said "I was just like you"

You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times So take a good look around You may not know it now
**********
But you're gonna miss this Before she knows it she's a brand new bride In a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by He tells her "It's a nice place" She says "It'll do for now" Starts talking about babies and buying a house Daddy shakes his head and says "Baby, just slow down"

Cause you're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this
**********
Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater Dog's barkin', phone's ringin' One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin' She keeps apologizin' He says "They don't bother me. I've got 2 babies of my own. One's 36, one's 23. Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...

You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this"
**********

You can listen to it here, move time to 4:00 exactly... Trace Adkins, You're Gonna Miss This


2 comments:

Jeni said...

I love this song as well! I just heard it on the radio the other day and fell in love with it.. its so true!

Ms.Pat said...

Believe me Erin.Life goes by too quickly. Look at poor ole me. stop and smell the roses

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails