Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Current Happenings From the Other Half

At this very moment I am watching the University of Kentucky Wildcats play the South Carolina Gamecocks, what a name. Kentucky is playing as the #1 team in the land for the first time since 2003. Its a pretty close game at the half, UK up only by three. I think I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a win for the Wildcats.
Well I didn't get to send in a picture for the blogs photo challange.  I had an idea of what I would put but just never got around to do it.  So I'll take the liberty and post my picture now.  No I didn't actually take the picture but, this is my current idea of Freedom. 



Above you see a picture of Senator Elect Scott Brown from Massachusetts.  The man himself is not my thought of freedom.  It was the fact that a moderate Republican won a senate seat in the most liberal state in the country.  It was the fact that his vote in the Senate will bring the current health care proposal to a halt.  It's the fact that, at least in his campain, he stood for the people of his state and not on the legacy of the most liberal Senator we've had for the past 40+ years.  Maybe just maybe those who represent us will start to focus on the economy and the 18% actual unemployment rate.  I really hope that both Republicans and Democrats will see this as a sign that we need to get back to the center on issues.  I hope they will start to listen to the people who elected them instead of following their own agendas and the agendas of the big companies and non profits who give them million of dollars. 

Ok ok I'll off my political soap box.  So Erin only has a week and a half left in Madisonville.  I'm really excited about that.  I can't wait for her to get back and be home.  I really miss her and hate just being here alone all the time.  She might not believe it but I really like her being around.

Late time I mentioned that we find out where Erin will be doing her residency in a couple months.  Even though I'm excited to finally know where we will be for the next for years, if we do not stay in Louisville, it will be a busy busy couple of month once Erin graduates.  I've already started a list of projects I need to finish.  You know those projects that you started a few months or maybe a few years ago.  I've got to get this place in at least decent condition so we can sell it.  So we have an exciting few months coming up and i'm looking forward to it. 

This week's post was just some odds and ends.  I might actually participate in the photo challange this week.  I would just have to take a picture of myself for that one.  And just incase anyone cares I would have lost my bet on the UK game.  First loss of the season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nicely written Matthew. Hate to hear about the loss for your wildcats. We Miss You and Erin, and are very excited about you booking our trip in June to give us all something to look forward to. (Haven't told LK about it yet. She won't stop talking about it for the next 5 months if we do.) Anyway, Love you guys! See you soon. Erin

-erin m said...

Matthew! You jinxed us! Bad UK fan.Bad.

Ms.Pat said...

Matt enjoyed your post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails