Tuesday, January 12, 2010

my digs...


Welcome back to Madisonville!
I thought i'd give you all a short...and i do mean short tour of my apartment that I'll be living in for the next month.  The hubs helped me move in yesterday and we realized that we are VERY fortunate to have lived in condos/houses since we've been married. I really don't know if you would have ever survived in a tiny one bedroom apartment. Here's why...

1.  Erin has a lot of crap.  Even though there were multiple comments about how much stuff I packed {because i am incapable of packing light} there still wasn't much in the place.
2.  We occasionally like to avoid each other, which as you will see is NOT possible in this place.
3.  Life without a dishwasher does not seem fun. I don't even care how lazy that makes me sound.
4.  There is not enough closet space to go around.
5.  When you cook something in the oven and turn the heater/fan {as in for the whole apt.} then the smoke alarm goes off. Doesn't it hubby?
6.   It's hard to sleep at night with the security lights from the street streaming through the bedroom window.
7.  A certain hubby does NOT have an inside voice at all.
8.  Bathroom space is at a premium and apparently my shower was designed for midgets.

Well, 8 doesn't seem like too many reasons but I still think we'd drive each other CRAZY. Props to all you kiddos out there that have braved the apartment world. You all are rock stars...or maybe you just have a lot more patience and a little less crap than i do?!

Any who on to the tour....
Here's the foyer/living room, complete with security system {bat found in the corner upon arrival}, magnavox tv with remote {which is a zenith and does not work the tv}


A few short steps away is the kitchen. Note: no dishwasher :(
But...I did end up with a microwave which makes me very happy.


Back to the living room....you guys like that couch and matching chair? I packed blankets just to cover them. I like laying on my own stuff. See the tiny little box over there under the window? Yessir that's the heat/ac for the whole place. Which by the way when we turned it on fan tonight, made the entire apartment smell like pot. Yup. Nasty.
Say hi to the boss there already in his post for the time being :)


Next up the bedroom. I tried to make my bed look decent at least for one picture. I had to steal that lamp from the family room. What you can't see is a mirrored dresser and an even smaller armoire no taller than that headboard for all my clothes. To the right is the window which lit up the room my first night like it was mid-day. It now has a black curtain hanging up over it all ghetto rigged, but it works great! I am not sleeping on the couch another night, i was wayyy to sleep today. Now is a good time to also point out the office grade berber carpet which is oh so soft on the feet :) haha! Glad I packed my slippers.


Last but not least....a few of the bathroom and my closet. I found it quite comical this morning when i was straightening my hair and realized i could only see in the mirror from the top of my nose up! Hahaha! I guess i don't really need to see the bottom half of my hair or my face when i'm getting ready.


So the Apt isn't the ritz carlton but it's still pretty nice. I think if it was just me I'd be find for a while....let's say a month :) but, i really like the company. Hmm....I could just have people over? nope. i only have two spoons, two knives, two forks, had to buy some pot holders, but no dish rags to wash my dishes. Should have packed more stuff! It's definitely cleaner than last year's set up. I haven't seen a scorpion or mouse trap one! I do have cable and internet {obviously} so that's a plus, as well as a huge pantry which seems bare. It's big enough for me to hang up my coats and store my boots/scarfs/gloves.
Best wrap it up, hopefully my tour didn't bore you.
More on madisonville in the near future....
happy tuesday :)


{guess my tour wasn't as "short" as expected haha!}
fyi: my new address
80 North Street Apt 10

Madisonville, KY 42431

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby I love you and I'm so glad you referenced me so many times. But you really should have used spell check. Sorry.

-erin m said...

Hey now! The blog is a safe place....no critiques on grammer, punctuation, or spelling allowed! If you stopped by more often you'd know that silly! I'm an awful speller and I do believe I asked you multiple times for help!!

Ms.Pat said...

wah wah wah Grandpa and I lived in Lexington at uk for two years like that with 2 babies. You'll survive

-erin m said...

Mamaw....that is crazy talk! I'm sure we could do it if we had to, but i don't want to! :)

Cindy Mulcahy said...

Erin,
It's really nice compared to last year's place. You just need a step stool for the bathroom. lol.
Love, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails