Sunday, January 24, 2010

freedom... {photo challenge: week 1}


Are you guys ready to see what photos were sent in for the challenge? I can't wait to show you. I think they are great, all of them. All different ideas, different view points, so individual.  Thank you to all of you that participated. Are you just joining us? Not sure what we're talking about? Check it out! 
Next time I expect you to join in the fun :) 
 Now the photos you've been waiting for.... 



 *Photo Credit: Hope Rabe

This was taken during the MCTC 9/11 In Rememberance Prayer Around the Flag Pole.  To me it represents freedom in several ways...the freedom for people of different races to join hands (not so in MLK's day) & come together on a common ground; the freedom of our country and the men & women that sacrificed their lives during 9/11 and on a daily basis for my family; freedom of religion (though it's not shown in the picture, we were holding prayer around the flag pole); freedom to be an American, and the freedom to learn (campus setting), so many men, women, & children in other countries aren't afforded the freedom to seek an education the way we are! 


*Photo Credit: e.m.t.

This photo is of a piece of the berlin wall. i'm not sure why but i was drawn to these words, next to such strong symbols of love & peace. i would have love'd to meet the people that put their {hearts} on this wall, and know how they felt when the wall came down.  how many walls do we have left to tear down?


 
*Photo Credit: Patti M
Freedom outside my door


*Photo Credit: Tara M 



*Photo Credit: Cindy M


*Photo Credit: Jason T


Aren't these images great?!! I think they all did an amazing job. I absolutely love all the different representations of freedom. That last one CRACKS me up!! I hope we have even more people participate next week. Remember, there are no rules to follow. You take the challenge and make it yours. You can use your camera, your cell phone, you can take the picture, you can be in the picture, you can edit the picture....whatever! Just get creative and start shooting :)
Your upcoming challenges...


Week 2: Ugly makes it pretty
 due to my email next Sunday {sugarft217@gmail.com}

Week 3:  Up Close


**Don't forget to let these photographers 
know how much you enjoyed their work. 
Click on the comments link below!**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hands down Jason's is the best! hahaha!!
Can' I use that next week for pretty makes it ugly?!

All of these pictures are great!

T

Cindy said...

I absolutely love Hope's picture...and she is the only one who took the time to write about her picture. Good job Hope!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Nice Job everybody. Got to love Jason's "I'm American" pose.

Matt

Stace said...

Hope, that picture is not only beautiful but inspiring!
Erin, Adore this picture! I love making art by taking pictures of other people's art!
Patti, a beautiful symbol of freedom that we can put anywhere!
Tara!! Adore this picture! The way you've captured the text is beautiful!
Cindy and Jason, hilarious! I love them both! ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails