Monday, January 18, 2010

Photo Challenge!



Are you ready to bring it on? He He!  I'm really excited about this new blog project.  I've recently had people asking me questions about photography, what i use, how i use it, how i get some of the shots that i do.  This absolutely blows my mind, because to be honest for the most part i have no idea what i'm doing! To me photography is a release, a stress reliever. It's a way for me to take the obvious and the not so obvious and make it beautiful. It doesn't have to be precise, the lighting doesn't always have to be "right" the picture doesn't need to be perfectly focused.  The images i create are captured and i can capture moments however i want. On any day of the week i could do a session with the exact same subject and the outcomes would be completely different. When i look through my lens i find what i see as beautiful and i save it. It becomes my very own art project. The great thing is that I get to share it with all of you. Some people may not like my "style" but that's ok.  When you find a photographer to capture the essence of you, or an idea of you, or your families "feel" you need to look for someone that you're drawn to. That's how it is for me, i'm drawn to images/angles/lights that i see through my lens.  For the next few months I want to see what YOU see.  Maybe i'm missing things, maybe you are.  I want you to see that you can find beauty in the everyday.  Let's get out of our "box" and look at the world with new eyes and open minds.


The Challenge: Each week I'm going to post an idea, a starting point. Your job is to grab your camera and "see" what you find, what you think represents or embodies that idea.  It can be abstract, literal, whatever! Just make it YOU. What you see, what you've captured. You will email me your one picture for that week and I'll post them all at once. This is {as all things blog} a safe zone. No negative criticism allowed. So get as creative as you want, or not! It's up to you :) Take a look at the things around you and then look with a new eye. I know most people don't have their camera surgically attached to your hands so cell phone pictures welcome, so "amateurs" you have no excuse! I'll post your photos with your photo credit of course. Here are your first two...so you can get a head start for next week too!

Week 1: inspired by MLK day..... "Freedom"  ---due to my email by Sunday the 24th.

Week 2: "Ugly makes it pretty"

If you have ideas for our assignments then email those to me as well. I can't wait to see what we create! Get out there and start looking :)

You'll probably need this.... sugarft217@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT, Erin!!! Can't wait to get started...wonder if I can skip work & get shooting??? LOL :) Thanks for keeping me inspired!!!
~Hope

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails