Sunday, January 27, 2008

Enough Already!!

Ok! Quick Quick post. I wasnt going to write today BUT....here's the thing....

So I was studying this morning from like 8-11 ish, took a shower, then laid in bed to study. At that point I fell asleep on my notes, luckily I had set my alarm just in case, because I noticed myself studying out of one eye, dozing off, etc. So I ended up taking about a 15 min snooze. During that time here's what happened.....

My friend Marissa and I are riding in a car with our other friend Marjorie. Not sure where we were going. I feel something wierd, reach up and grab a tooth that I bit down on and it then fell out of my mouth! (SURPRISE....YUP! AGAIN!!!) I turn to Marissa severly angry and frustrated and say very forcefully..."LOOK! See, it really is happening to me it's NOT a dream! What am I gonna do?". At this point, I REALLY thought it was real.

All of a sudden I'm with my dad and uncle who are looking in my mouth and trying to determine why my teeth are falling out. Andy tells me to keep washing my mouth out (like always..) as they continue to talk. So I do, small pieces and water, onto a paper towel. At that point they decide they are going to cut my skull off to look at my teeth from the inside and examine the angles of my mouth. (Crazy right?...and i still thought this was real)

Sara...if you're reading you may need to stop here, or prepare yourself with a glass of vino ;)

So dad and uncle saw my skull in half and remove it and i'm holding it looking at my mouth from the inside. I check out where my wisdom teeth have come in, I ask andy why some of my fillings are white, while others are silver, he mentions something about Alginin, meanwhile, I'm still not really thinking how i could be holding my skull/mouth and still be alive! I then notice, as dad and andy continue to discuss, that I can see all my brain structures (thalamus, gyri, cerebellum, med school crap i can't escape) and so on. As I'm looking at everything I notice that I am being very careful not to touch anything or disturb any structures because I dont want to get any bacteria in my brain! I also begin to think to myself, that the skull I'm holding with mouth, brain and all (still not concerned with how I'm still alive) is now starting to feel like the tissue of a cadaver, cold, and starting to become more solid. I know its gross, seriously this is what I have to live with :) Morbid thoughts and freaky dreams.

I then turn to my mom who is now in the room and franticly say..."Mom! they (dad and andy) need to make a decision and get this back on or I'm going to get Encephalitis!" (a swelling/infection of the actual brain material) She turns to the guys...."PUT IT BACK ON NOW!"...haha....thanks mom!

And that was it, alarm went off (still not aware this a dream, still think its real, never concerned about holding my brain) .... to myself, "Awwww crap, SERIOUSLY!! I had it AGAIN!!?? Damn it!" LOL....I need help!

Oh, and I dont think I was grounding my teeth this time, I was just about drooling w/ mouth open.

1 comment:

sara said...

stopped at red typing...still needed vino because of part where someone thinks about cutting half of skull off. it may have just been the word skull itself.
drinking to forget....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails