Tuesday, January 8, 2008

there are more important things....

Two posts in one night? I know...I know...
I should be studying, it's a sickness in itself.
Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself of
the things that truly matter in my life.
Found this tonight on the blog of an incredibly strong,
very blessed young woman.
Her name is Alison and she is a 26 year old diagnosed
with Neuroendocrine (Carcinoid) Tumor,
Stage IV Cancer, in June of 2006.
She is still fighting cancer with love and prayers of family,
friends, strangers, and an incredible husband:
(Thanks to Sara for leading me to this blog)

"If I approach something in dread, I’m setting myself up for misery before I even begin because dread creates stress. But if I refuse to dread or have a negative outlook, I open the door for God to work supernaturally and help me. The choice is mine.....Even though we’ll be faced with challenging and stressful situations that won’t always be easy to handle, He assures us that nothing can defeat us if we handle things the right way—His way! Luke 10:19 says, Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you."

This really touched my heart. It is so true...each day we have the ability and the choice to accept the glorious gifts that God has placed in our lives, and in our hearts. Even the scariest obstacles can be surmounted by placing our trust in His strength. For those who can't find the strength to start one day, or everyday, without dread, my prayer is simply for them to ask.

-goodnight all.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hello Erin! I was reading Sara's blog and came across your's and was so happy to see you've discovered my blog! :) Thank you so very much for the sweet post...it feels so good to know my story is touching others.

God Bless~

Alison

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails