Monday, January 7, 2008

NOT again!!!

Awww....i feel soooo loved! Thanks for the comments guys :) Sadly, that's the highlight of my day. Especially after spending 3.5 hrs this morning working on 7 practice problems for pharm. that's right, 7 problems, 3.5 hrs. Yuck! Thank God i never wanted to be a pharmacist.

And now, an explanation for the post title.

This past saturday night, i had MY WIERD dream AGAIN!!! For those that have heard before......I keep having this reoccuring dream over the past like 5 or 6 years. the dream is slightly different each time but the premise is ALWAYS the same. MY TEETH FALL OUT! not like one or two. not a loose tooth. not a chipped tooth. there's never any blood, but my teeth come out in shattered pieces. rather, i'm always spitting them out. and little pieces are always left. most of the time its my front teeth and in my dream no matter what's happening i'm only concerned about losing all my teeth. i end up running somewhere for help.

this most recent visit with my dream, i was at some sort of party. i cant remember with who or what for. all i know, is this time was THE worst. i was spitting out almost all of my molars, and always into my hands like i'm trying to save them. i went into a bathroom and filled my hands with water to rinse out my mouth. over and over. in my dream i tried to get help from uncle andy (aka my dentist). we collectively decided that i always feel this wierd pressure before my teeth shatter because i have three wisdom teeth left. this pushes all my other teeth "off track" and they hit in the wrong spot. and break. this dream freaks me out every time i have it. i always wake up in a panic. argh. i dont know what it means so i went to a couple different random websites and looked some stuff up. take this for what you will????

  • Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumbling in your hands or your teeth falling out one by one with just a light tap. Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you.
  • These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old-i am turning 24 ya know.
  • Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.
  • Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness
  • Are you lacking power in some current situation? You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.-does this really sound like me??
  • Traditionally, it was thought that dreaming you did not have teeth, represents malnutrition which may be applicable to some dreamers.-ok this could still be a front runner
  • Normally an unfavorable sign in a dream. It signifies displeasure and also shows that you are afraid of losing someone dear to you. -who isnt afraid of losing someone close?

How would you interpret my dream?


Do you have any dreams that you claim as Yours?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...very interesting. I'll look through some of my old books on Freud and get back to you :)
-Julia

sara said...

sick! and ouch!

Anonymous said...

Erin I used to have dreams very similar to yours. I found out I was grinding and clutching my jaws during my sleep. I actually cracked a crown. I now wear a bite guard at night (2 years) and I no longer have these dreams.

Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails