Tuesday, January 8, 2008

who knows what's goin' on up there?

here's a little sneak peak.....
I think for spring break this year I should go to florida to see my aunt, uncle, cousins, and my grandma. Plus, I want to study for the boards with the sand between my toes.

When I pulled into our subdivision today, there was an SUV behind me. I assumed the driver to be a mom, based on the fact that there was a kid in the passenger seat about 12ish maybe, who was asleep with his/her head against the window and their neck bent all akward. It reminded me of when I used to fall asleep in the car. I'd do that wierd twitch thing people do when they sleep, and I'd kick the dashboard and wake up. Almost every single time mom would say "I dont know how you're ever going to get your license. You cant even make it from florence to walton, you'll fall asleep at the wheel!"

I'm becoming proficient at procrastination....especially with the laundry.

I like watching "The Real Housewives of Orange County". Lauri might be my favorite. She's on her third marriage, but I think she's really down to earth and not as nearly self absorbed as the other wives. Even with her uh hum, 5 carot diamond engagement ring she does normal things like painting the inside of her closets, cutting flowers in her garden, watching project runway, riding horses, and planning a family vacation in an RV (not to a 5 star resort like her fiance' and kids would prefer) to go camping in yellowstone, soft tents and all. I must admit though, I nearly fell off the elliptical machine when she tried on an $18,700 wedding dress!

We got so many nice things for Christmas this year, but I have no where to put anything away. I really need to purge some things throughout the house and in storage but, i just havent had the time.

Today I decided that New Year's resolutions are overwhelming. Which is probably why most people give up on them after about a week or two, a month at most. Why should we only get one day a year to start fresh? So, I'm going to start making new Month resolutions. If I reach my goal, keep my resolution, then I've accomplished something that month. If I dont make one then, no big loss. Baby steps.

I love the new rainfall shower head I got for Christmas. I now have enough water pressure to actually rinse out my hair, but it's probably going to make our water bill go up because I stay in the shower longer.

People in Louisville.... Can. Not. Drive. At All. I can't stand the section on Shelbyville road from St. Matthew's mall, to Hurstborne road. People wait to merge at the last second....like when their lane is gone. No one, I repeat, No one uses blinkers. But, that's ok with them because apparently their car is 3x smaller than the size of what it actually is, and they can definately fit in between my bumper and the car four feet in front of me. Yesterday, for about three minutes I watched the woman behind me in a big navigator slowly creep up to my back bumper because she was leaning over picking things up off the floor. Pay attention!

Perusing photography websites last night, I kept running into galleries of maternity pictures. I've expressed this before and will say it again, these pictures creep me out. The fully clothed big belly pics, the hands in a heart around the belly button, even the tape measure around the belly....those I can handle. Not for me, but I think if done right they can be very beautiful. But seriously, the pics of naked prego ladies with sheer sheets around their waist, some even with the naked dad sitting behind them with his hands on the belly? Freakin' wierd. ok. And let's not forget, while browsing through these pics (take a look under "expectations") deciding which ones are decent and which socially uncomfortable ones people would pick out 8X10s of for their family room......Bam! Fully naked pregers nipples and all. Right there on the internet. Really? What if you walked into someones house and saw that in a nursery?!! Think about it, if she (and there were multiple ones) didnt care for it to be posted on the internet she's bound to have it hangin up somewhere.

There's so many pictures on my computer that I only have roughly 5% of my total memory left. Pictures I've taken, not creepy ones from the internet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails